• Soluble fiber to restore regularity.
• Create fiber rich foods and beverages
• 12 grams of fiber per 30 mL
• Colorless and good tasting.
• Can be taken orally from a medicine cup
A colorless, citrus flavored natural bulking agent with 12 grams of soluble fiber per 30 mL that helps restore regularity and softer stool.
• Does not affect absorption of medications
• Ideal for fluid restricted diets
• Helps eliminate the need for harsh bowel medications
and stool softeners
• Helps reduce polypharmacy
• 12 grams of soluble fiber and 1.7 grams of FOS per 30 mL dose.
• Can be administered orally or by feeding tube.
Indications: Typically used for but not limited to constipations and hard stools associated with:
• Chronic constipations
• Advanced Age
• Dysphagia diets
• Poor fluid intake
• Loss of appetite
• Dependence on nutritional supplements
• Poor dietary intake
• Cognitive or functional impairment
• Ongoing privacy issues
• Chronic laxative and stool softener use
• Impaired mobility
• Lack of exercise
• Management of chronic bowel disease such as
diverticular disease, irritable bowel and Celiac
HyFiber is a unique soluble fiber containing the prebiotic FOS. HyFiber is a colorless natural bulking agent with a hint of citrus flavor. It is instantly dispersible and can be added to all type of liquids and soft foods or it can be dispensed directly from a medicine cup.
HyFiber contains 1.7 grams of Fructo-Oligosaccarides (FOS) per 30 mL dose. FOS is found in many types of vegetables and consists of short chains fructose molecules that are only partially digested. The undigested portion serves as food for “friendly'” bacteria such as bifidobacteria and lactobacillus.
HyFiber is a Medical Food. Use under supervision of a qualified health care professional.
Precautions and Contra-Indications: Not recommended for children under 3 years of age. There are no known contraindications to HyFiber.