ArgiMent is specifically formulated to provide arginine and glutamine for the dietary management of pressure injuries and surgical wounds. During periods of metabolic stress from illness, wounds or surgery, a balanced diet may not provide adequate amounts of critical nutrients known as “conditionally essential nutrients” needed for healing. ArgiMent provides the highest levels of two key conditionally essential amino acids involved in healing:
• Promotes blood flow throughout the body, delivering nutrients and oxygen to support tissue healing.
• Joins with other nutrients to form collagen protein required for tissue repair.
• Acts as a fuel for rapidly proliferating cells, helping to maintain gut integrity, and thus promotes nutrient absorption.
• Stimulates the synthesis of muscle tissue and inhibits the degradation of proteins, thus preserving lean muscle mass required for healing.
• Pressure injury
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Venous ulcers
• Burns and injuries
• Non-healing surgical wounds
• Increased protein needs
• Pre- and post-surgical recovery
One packet of ArgiMent contains 10 grams of L-glutamine and 7.5 grams of L-arginine, or the nitrogen equivalent of 26 grams of intact protein.